Please call us for an update on this service 703-524-1808
First Time Passport
WALK-IN AND SHIPPING ADDRESS
4301 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, Virginia 22203
Mon- Fri 10:00 am - 5:00pm
Toll Free 1-855-559-VISA(8472)
**if you are Local, stop by our office and we will help you put together the documents listed below and we will assist you in getting the appointment to get your signature witnessed**
GATHER YOUR DOCUMENTS:
1. Evidence of Citizenship
Submit one of the following:
Do you need to order your birth certificate? Follow this link: http://www.vitalchek.com/
**processing time varies from state to state, please plan accordingly**
One recent passport type photo, in color, on photo paper, front view and with a white background
- Size 2x2
3. Passport Application Form
DS-11 - Follow the link and complete your application online. It will generate a pdf application, print 2 copies
Do not sign the application, on Step 9, you will need to take the documents to get your signature witnessed and envelope sealed.
4. Travel Itinerary
Itinerary from your airline or travel agency indicating the following
- Applicants Name
- Dates of
travel(to and from country)
5. Letter of Authorization(LOA)
Please print the LOA and sign it with blue ink. This letter is an authorization in which you authorize us to process your passport.
-At least one parent must sign the letter of authorization
Front and Back copy of both parents government issued identifications.
-It should be the same identification used to get your signature witnessed
7. Statement of Consent
Should one of the parents/legal guardian not be available to get their signature witnessed at the Post Office or Clerk of the Court, an original statement of consent must be presented.
-The statement of consent must be signed in front of a notary and a clear copy(front and back) of the valid identification used to notarize the document must be included
Exceptions for the need of a Statement of Consent
- The birth certificate only lists the mothers name
- An original death certificate of either parent/legal guardian
- An original court order specifying SOLE CUSTODY of applying parent or legal guardian
Original documents must have the original court stamp certifying that it is a true copy of the original on file with the court
The US Department of State has the right to request additional documents in special circumstances.
In case the non-applying parent cannot be locate please download and fill out the following form in detail.
8. Passport Work Order
The work order is our internal form that
includes your basic info as well as your travel and shipping specifics
This form can be handwritten.
Download Form here:
9. Where to get your signature witnessed?
Follow the link below and enter your zip code for the nearest facility.
DO NOT LEAVE THE DOCUMENTS WITH THE CLERK
Get your signature witnessed and Envelope Sealed
MINORS MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT AT THE TIME PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIANS ARE GETTING THEIR SIGNATURE WITNESSED
***call ahead, some require appointments***
WHAT DOES IT MEAN AND WHY SHOULD I GET MY SIGNATURE WITNESSED?
- This is a requirement from the US Department of State. When you gather your documents and take them to the Post Office or Clerk of the Court, they are verifying that you presented yourself and that you signed your application in front of them. They will use your identification to verify that you are the same person that is standing in front of them and that your picture is a true likeness of yourself. The clerks have been formally trained to witness your signature therefore they will review all the documents and once signed, they will seal the documents inside an envelope.
- You must immediately overnight the sealed envelope to us using a traceable method. Once sealed, the envelope expires therefore you must send it right away.
Please call us as the hand-carry program is on hold at the moment.
5-7 Business Days
Fedex Standard Overnight
Fedex First Overnight
Fedex Saturday Delivery
$350.00 ***must contact our office, space is limited
includes US Dept of State Fee AND Execution Fee
- At the Post Office or Clerk of the Court, you will pay the government fees. $140.00 will go inside the sealed envelope in form of a money order or personal check. An additional $35.00 will be paid to them as the execution fee. The total is $165.00 which is what you see as the "Government Fee."
- When you download the "Passport Work Order," there will be a space to include your payment information. We accept VISA, MASTER CARD, AMEX, and US Postal Money Order as form of payment. We will send you an itemized invoice along with your passport.
Once we receive your package, we will hand carry the package to the Washington Passport Agency (Should we need additional clarification or documents, you can be sure that we will contact you).
- As a general rule, US Dept of State has the right to request more documents or request an in-person interview. Due to unexpected computer issues the US Department of State may increase their processing time without notice. Certain passport holders may result in additional processing time, this is determined by the US Department of State.. SC-Passport and Visa is not responsible for US Department of State delays or acts of nature.